[Techtalk] Apache: different handlers in a directory

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Fri Mar 11 22:43:26 EST 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005, Namik Dala wrote:
> What about separating the scripts by an extension. Let the
> cgi-scripts end with .cgi and the fast-cgi script with .fcgi for
> example:
>
> <Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin">
>   Options +ExecCGI
>   AddHandler .cgi cgi-script
>   AddHandler .fcgi fastcgi-script
> </Directory>

Thanks for the suggestion, but the names of the scripts are fixed:
they've been used as part of websites that's already live. (The live
websites don't have this problem because they live on different
machines, I have the problem because I want to test them both on my
development machine ideally without having to comment out bits of
httpd.conf all the time.)

-Mary