[Techtalk] hwclock problems

mhf at berlios.de mhf at berlios.de
Tue Mar 8 05:07:28 EST 2005

On Monday 07 March 2005 18:31, Dan wrote:

> > If your kernel is older, you could try hwclock
> > --directisa (see man page), i used it some time ago
> > with broken in-kernel ACPI.
>
> Wow, that fixed the problem. Thanks.
>
> As for the age of the system:
> $ cat /proc/version
> Linux version 2.6.8-2-686 (dilinger at toaster.hq.voxel.net)
> (gcc version 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-6)) #1 Mon Jan 24
> 03:58:38 EST 2005

Well, this is a recent kernel, had trouble about 18mo ago
or so before patches were in 2.4. Unless it is _this_ or
nearby kernel making trouble, I suspect your DSDT is
"broken".

For more info pls see:
http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/index.php

If you like to "fix" it google and/or post to the ACPI
users mailing list (see same site) with your HW info...

	Regards
	Michael