[Techtalk] Postfix and ODMR

conor.daly at cod.utvinternet.com conor.daly at cod.utvinternet.com
Sun Mar 6 06:47:40 EST 2005

So I'm nearly there...  I've got an exim server on the DMZ storing
incoming email.  Inside the LAN, my server runs fetchmail with protocol
ODMR to have the exim server send on the mail.  The internal server runs
postfix.  Now, postfix already accepts incoming mail via fetchmail pop but
such mail is being delivered to specified users.  When the ODMR run
happens, postfix just queues the incoming messages for relaying.  When I
set a couple of first.last at example.com -> username at localhost mappings in
/etc/postfix/virtual , I ended up with postfix hanging all the fetchmail
processes.  I reckon I have it down to postfix config at this point.  The
exim server is accepting mail for its defined domains and is forwarding it
on demand.  So, the question is:

What do I need to do with postfix so that it will:
  1.  See the odmr domains as domains it owns
  2.  Properly map first.last at example.com -> user at localhost

I suspect 2 will just work once I figure out 1.

I'll be poking at this for a while myself too...

Conor

Domestic Sysadmin :-)