[Techtalk] xine drops too many frames

Nneoma nneoma at chemeng.uct.ac.za
Wed Jul 27 18:33:04 EST 2005

Hi Mike,
Yes, I am talking about a laptop.  It has both kernel 2.4 and 2.6
(Knoppix installed both kernels)  and I have tried working on both.

Ran the following commands

root at blubox:~# hdparm -d1 /dev/dvd

/dev/dvd:
 setting using_dma to 1 (on)
 HDIO_SET_DMA failed: Invalid argument
root at blubox:~# hdparm -d1 /dev/cdrom

/dev/cdrom:
 setting using_dma to 1 (on)
 HDIO_SET_DMA failed: Invalid argument

 @blubox:~$ df -h
/dev/hda2             5.8G  4.6G  982M  83% /
/dev/hda1              14G   11G  3.5G  75% /mnt/windows
/dev/hda4             7.6G  1.8G  5.5G  25% /home

I wonder what HDIO_SET_DMA failed means?  I still get choppy video output.

Wim:
    I changed the video output driver options as u suggested but still
no luck.

Thanks
Nneoma