[Techtalk] xine drops too many frames

Nneoma Ogbonna nneoma at chemeng.uct.ac.za
Sun Jul 24 19:36:47 EST 2005

Hi all
I'm fairly new to  Linux. I'm running debian under knoppix 3.7.
I did an apt-get upgrade  recently  and since then , I have been this
error message on running xine
"The number of frames dropped is too high. Your system might be slow,
not properly optimized of  just too loaded."  In addition the video
output is not smooth. (Xine ran ok  before the upgrade)
I  have tried stopping all unnecessary processes that were running.  I
don't know how to  optimize  the system or check if it is to slow.  I
know that I am using the DMA option , and I also tried using Xv  (got
this  from the xine faq)
Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks
Nneoma