[Techtalk] Re: Different usage betweed df and du

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Thu Jul 14 11:04:02 EST 2005

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005, Sue Stones wrote:
> Maybe I should replace du.  But I am not sure how easy that would be, so
> I think I may just leave it for now.

It's usually a question of finding out which package installs it,
downloading a new copy of that package and checking the signature and
then re-installing it. But if you system has a rootkit installed (ie has
been hacked) re-installing entirely is the usual advice. I would wait
for better evidence that you've been hacked than this to start that
cycle. Hard links or filesystem boundaries are more likely culprits.

-Mary