[Techtalk] reply-to on lists

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Sat Jan 29 20:07:14 EST 2005

[Followups to grrltalk ONLY as per the FAQs please, I'm not making new
arguments in this post. Look at where your reply goes before pressing
Send!]

On Sat, Jan 29, 2005, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> I suggest that all linuxchix lists default to the reply-to list option

This has made it into the FAQs...

http://www.linuxchix.org/content/docs/faqs/policy.html#id2800866

    2.3.

    Why doesn't the reply-to point to the list?

    [... Jenn discusses articles [1] and [2] ... ]

    Discussion of new, additional points on the subject is on-topic for
    most LinuxChix lists. Discussion of the existing points in relation
    to LinuxChix lists is welcome on the open-topic mailing lists, but
    not specific-topic lists. (It's on-topic for technical lists if
    you're asking about it for -your- lists.)

    A personal note: Please accept that discussing the known points with
    me will not make me change my mind about how the LinuxChix lists are
    set up. New points might, but not the ones I've already thought
    through.  Thank you. Jenn.

I've found it generally quite easy to learn to use the "Reply to List"
function in my mail client mutt, so much so that I've made the "oops
that should have gone to the list" mistake about twice in three years...
You apparently use KMail which has something similar I think.

-Mary

[1] http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
[2] http://www.metasystema.org/essays/reply-to-useful.html