[Techtalk] Mozilla v. Firefox

Cynthia Kiser cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu
Fri Jan 28 15:28:55 EST 2005

Quoting Akkana Peck <akkana at shallowsky.com>:
> No, you have that right.  There's a discussion of that going
> on right now on the mozilla-seamonkey group, but it's not a
> discussion of whether to do it; it's a lot of people saying
> how disappointed they are by the Mozilla Foundation's direction.
> Though I haven't posted in that thread, I still use mozilla,
> not firefox, because I use functionality in mozilla that was
> removed in firefox; and I'm frustrated by all the regressions
> in mozilla 1.8a6 which no one seems to care about.
> I fear that mozilla has already been orphaned.

Do you mind elaborating on the differences that bother you? I love the
web developer extension that I found for Firefox, but have not
converted from using Camino (my work desktop is a Mac) because Firefox
does not understand emacs keybindings (exp Ctl-k for kill to end of
the line) in the url bar. Someone posted (I think to this list) how to
customize Firefox keybindings - but the instructions were for Linux
and I can't locate the analogous preferences file on my Mac.

--
Cynthia N. Kiser
cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu