[Techtalk] Re: [prog] Threading in digest mode.

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Thu Jan 20 09:26:35 EST 2005

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005, Kathryn Hogg wrote:
> The other option is to not subscribe in digest mode, have procmail or
> whatever, stuff your linuxchix messages into folder(s) and have your MTA
> sort these messages by thread (thunderbird does this with one click).

Svaksha seems to be using GMail, and I read the question as being
specifically about whether or not she could get Gmail to do this. But
your suggestion is good.

Since GMail has 1GB of storage, and Svaksha says she prefers a threaded
view, why not just not turn off the digest option and get one mail at a
time. As I understand it, GMail is good at sorting things into folders
and conversations, so receiving the lists one mail at a time shouldn't
be a problem...

-Mary