[Techtalk] PHP mail, images and user's clients.

Megan Golding mgolding at sdf.lonestar.org
Sat Feb 19 01:05:45 EST 2005

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 11:27:54PM +1100, Sue Stones wrote:
> I have been trying to sort out how to do a couple of things with emails
> sent from a webpage written in PHP.
>
> 1) How do I include images that display in the body of the mail where
> the user has the ability to not download the images if they don't want to.
>
> 2) How do I get open an email in the user's client (ie like an HTML
> mailto link) but with the content of the email coded by the webpage?

Does the PHPMailer class help?
http://phpmailer.sourceforge.net/

Features:
# Can send emails with multiple TOs, CCs, BCCs and REPLY-TOs
# Redundant SMTP servers
# Multipart/alternative emails for mail clients that do not read HTML email
# Support for 8bit, base64, binary, and quoted-printable encoding
# Uses the same methods as the very popular AspEmail active server (COM) component
# SMTP authentication
# Word wrap
# Address reset functions
# HTML email
# Tested on multiple SMTP servers: Sendmail, qmail, Postfix, Imail, Exchange, Mercury, Courier
# Works on any win32 or *nix platform
# Flexible debugging
# Custom mail headers
# Multiple fs, string, and binary attachments (those from database, string, etc)
# Embedded image support

Regards,
Megan Golding

--