[Techtalk] Looking for an "/etc/rc.d/init.d" init script for p4d

Bruce McPeek bruce.mcpeek at vidiator.com
Sat Feb 12 07:59:14 EST 2005

Hi all,

I have inherited a RH9 system acting as a Perforce source archive
server.

The system is currently setup so that the Perforce server program must
be started manually. I would like it to start when Linux goes into run
level 3.

Does anyone have an init script for p4d that will live in
"/etc/rc.d/init.d" they would like to share?

Since I'm on this topic does anyone have a link to a reference on the
init process, hopefully one that discusses the
"/etc/rc.d/init.d/functions" file.

Thanks,

Bruce