[Techtalk] compile error.

Shirrell shirrell at pstat.com
Tue Feb 8 06:44:06 EST 2005

Mary wrote:

>On Sun, Feb 06, 2005, Shirrell wrote:
>

>>I get the following error from the make of fontconfig 2.2.2
>>
>>gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/include/freetype2
>>-DFONTCONFIG_PATH=\"/usr
>>/local/etc/fonts\" -I.. -I../src -g -O2 -MT fcfreetype.lo -MD -MP -MF
>>.deps/fcfreet
>>ype.Tpo -c fcfreetype.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/fcfreetype.o
>>fcfreetype.c: In function `FcFreeTypeQuery':
>>fcfreetype.c:280: `PS_FontInfoRec' undeclared (first use in this function)
>>fcfreetype.c:280: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>>fcfreetype.c:280: for each function it appears in.)
>>fcfreetype.c:280: parse error before `psfontinfo'
>>fcfreetype.c:739: `psfontinfo' undeclared (first use in this function)
>>

>It's looking for a development library it can't find, although I can't
>tell which one.

You were correct and with the details in Akkana's reply I was able to
move ahead.
Freetype2 was installed but too old and the t1tables.h file was quite
different.
So I updated freetype and fontconfig but pango needs xft which needs
xrender-0.8.2 and does not like the xrender-o.8.3 which is all I could find.

I now think that I need either to upgrade to XFree86 4.3.0 or from
Redhat 7 to Fedora.  Thanks to both of you for pointing the way.

Shirrell