[Techtalk] dual screen

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Fri Feb 4 21:18:39 EST 2005

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 09:45:18AM +0100 or thereabouts, Chantal Rosmuller wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to get dual screen working on my pc but so far no success.
> This is my (dual head) video card: ATI Technologies Inc RV280 [Radeon 9200]
> My distro is Suse 9.2, X-version is Version 6.8.1
> Did I make a mistake in my xorg.conf or do I need another driver? I
> included the relevant parts of my xorg.conf below,
> thanks!

I have only done this once or twice, but I still have my list of
"things to do" for this, so I'll take a guess. I see three things
I am not sure about.

First, there are two places where instead of

  EndSection
  Section "Something"

..I can see

  EndSectionSection "Something"

..and the lines have got merged together. That can't help :)

Second, do you need the BusIDs for both video cards? You have
provided both. I have only ever provided the BusID for the second
video card. Is the first absolutely necessary?

Third, I think BusIDs should be in the form "PCI:1:0:0" or "AGP:1:0:0"
rather than just "1:0:0".

Telsa