[Techtalk] [OT] linuxchix.org down?

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Mon Dec 12 00:00:54 EST 2005

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005, Noir wrote:
> The site seems to be down. I can ping the host but cannot telnet to
> it.
>
> Is it down for maintenance? Shouldn't there be a down-for-maintenance
> notice then? :-/

Usually when it is down it is down due to network problems, not
maintainence. Its host is not on a 100% reliable network. Your second
paragraph is probably making an incorrect assumption.

(Incidently, if anyone is inclined to ask questions or make suggestions
about the LinuxChix hosting, please have that conversation on the
volunteers list rather than here. Some of the relevant people aren't
subscribed here, so it would just be an echo chamber discussion.)

-Mary