[Techtalk] hardware RAID install

Eeva Järvinen eevaj at welho.com
Sat Dec 10 20:29:30 EST 2005

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 08:04:04PM +0000, Caroline Johnston wrote:
> Is there still a linuxchix IRC channel? Where is it? I think I need
> someone to hold my hand through a Suse 10 install on a server with a
> hardware RAID that I don't understand.

The last hardware RAID install I did (IBM ServeRAID 6i+3x146GB SCSI on a
IntelliStation Z Pro) required me to configure the array with an
included CD.  That was to be expected, as was requiring a driver disk
(yeah, a floppy in an usb diskette drive) for install.  Other than
that, there was nothing much special about it.  It wasn't SuSE I was
installing, though, it was FC3+WinXP (dual boot).  Tried installing
yet?

Eeva