[Techtalk] RHEL AS 3.0 U4 not recognizing LUNs on EMC Clarion with QLogic QLA2300 card, Dell 6630 server

Gina Lanik geekgrrl at geekgrrl.priv.at
Thu Apr 28 16:56:31 EST 2005

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 09:55:38AM -0700, Caitlyn Martin wrote:
> Talk about things beyond my expertise or the scope of
> my job...  Oh well... there are some real experts here
> :)
>
> I have three Dell 6650 servers with QLogic QLA2300
> cards running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 Advanced
> Server, Update 4 plus all the latest and greatest
> errata.  The OS is seeing the QLogic card and seeing
> the various LUNs but not presenting them as drives
> that can be used.  In other words I cannot partition
> or make a filesystem.
>
> /proc/scsi/qla2300/1 shows all the LUNs but only shows
> one registered to the OS.  Here is the full contents
> of the file:

[...]

> Anyone on list significantly more clueful than I am?
>
> Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

The things that first come to my mind are:

- Is this system direct attached or in a switched fabric?

- You'll probably have the Navisphere Agent installed. Is it up and
  running?

- You'll probably have PowerPath installed, is it up and running? If yes,
  did you do a "powermt config", if yes, what does "powermt display
  dev=all" say?

Out of curiosity, which Clariion model is this?

Cheers,

Gina
--
Gina Lanik                      :: LinuxChix member
SysAdmin & DBA                  :: http://www.linuxchix.org/