[Techtalk] web content management recommendations

Tamara Harpster tamara.harpster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 10:04:29 EST 2005

I have found the Mambo Server to my liking and it includes an HTML
editor in the browser so that the users don't have to know HTML to
format the text. It does have some basic workflow built in, but it
would be nice to have it go a bit further in it's support. It is easy
to setup, but it does take a little bit of time to get used to
thinking in Sections and Categories for your groupings. You can grab
templates to install or you can edit a template to get the look you
want. And it has the highlighting for selected choices. I've installed
it on a server at www.sablewing.org and put it my own, simple
template, if you want to get an idea of what you can do.

tamara

On Apr 6, 2005 4:39 AM, Dan <dan at cellectivity.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> My company is looking for a system that allows non-programmers to write
> web content, then formats it appropriately. I know of several such
> systems, but can anyone recommend one?
>
> More specifically, we're looking for a system that allows you to have a
> menu across the top (the same old stuff: "home", "solutions", etc.), and
> displays whatever you've selected in a different color (if you're in
> "solutions", the "solutions" option will be a different color). Does
> anyone know of a system that handles that type of thing gracefully,
> without requiring you to write a separate template for each menu item?
>
> --
>    I drank four [Cokes] in a row, to try to get a caffeine
>    boost. Well, you would have thought I had blown up the Eiffel
>    Tower, these generals were so aghast.
>       - Scott Ritter, former UNSCOM official, on his behavior
>         at a formal French wine and cheese party

"Do not anger the dragon, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"