[Techtalk] Procite Alternative

Sue Stones suzo at spin.net.au
Fri Sep 3 00:31:42 EST 2004

Does anyone know if there is a Linux version of Procite or an
alternative to it.  I haven't used procite but according to my uni
website its a database program which enables you to organise
bibliographic references, and produce reference lists in a range of
standard and custom styles.

I guess that even if there isn't one, it wouldn't be too hard to create
one.  (I am thinking this out as I type!)  The only problem is working
out what is actually required for the correct referencing style - and
wanting to avoid this is probably why I am thinking about this software.
  Still if I wrote something I could make it available to the few Linux
users that are out there at CSU!

Has anyone done anything similar to this?

sue