[Techtalk] Dual monitor position problem

Jennifer Scalf jscalf at pegasus.rutgers.edu
Fri Oct 29 11:56:12 EST 2004

I don't even really know how to describe this problem but here goes...

I have dual monitors set up with Xinerama running Fedora Core 2. The
problem is, on the left screen (which in my xorg.conf is the 2nd screen)
the mouse doesn't line up right vertically.

For example to select say this 'word'
      I would have to click 'down here'.

Does that make any sense? Horizontal I'm fine, but I have to click a few
pixels under whatever I'm aiming at to 'get it'.

Thanks,
Jennifer

Here's what I assume are the relevant sections of my /etc/X11/xorg.con

Section "ServerLayout"

  #  Option     "xinerama" "on"
        Identifier     "XFree86 Configured"
        Screen      0  "1st Screen" 0 0
        Screen      1  "2nd Screen" LeftOf "1st Screen"
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
        Option      "Xinerama" "off"
        Option      "Clone" "on"
EndSection
Section "Module"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "fbdevhw"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
#       Load  "dri"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "Dell 2001FP (Analog)"
        DisplaySize  410        310
        HorizSync    31.0 - 80.0
        VertRefresh  56.0 - 76.0
        Option      "dpms"
EndSection

##Added For Dual Monitors

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor1"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "Unknown"
        HorizSync    31.0 - 82.0
        VertRefresh  56.0 - 76.0
        Option      "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "nvidia0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        VendorName  "NVidia"
        BoardName   "NVIDIA"
        VideoRam    258144
        BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
        Option          "TwinViewOrientation"           "LeftOf"
        Option          "NoTwinViewXineramaInfo"        "FALSE"
        Option          "MetaModes"                     "1600x1200,
1024x768"
        Option          "NvAGP"                         "3"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Screen0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        VendorName  "NVidia"
        BoardName   "NVIDIA"
        VideoRam    258144
        BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
        Option          "NvAGP"                         "3"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Screen1"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        VendorName  "NVidia"
        BoardName   "NVIDIA"
        VideoRam    258144
        BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
        Screen      1
        Option          "NvAGP"                         "3"
        Option          "MetaModes"                     "1024x768,
1024x768"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "1st Screen"
        Device     "Screen0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     24
                Modes    "1600x1200" "1400x1050" "1280x1024" "1280x960"
"1152x864" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "2nd Screen "