[Techtalk] Politeness and the purpose of Techtalk

Kai MacTane kmactane at GothPunk.com
Fri Oct 29 09:12:28 EST 2004

At 10/28/04 03:25 PM , David Sumbler wrote:
>It's not impossible that there could some day be a female subscriber
>who upsets people.  In such a case, you would deal with the particular
>problem.  Please do the same in this case.

Indeed, I recall a situation on this list, back in May of 2001, in which
one Linda MacPhee-Cobb (using the email address
"prettyphysicslady at hotmail.com") managed to convince quite a few people
here that she was a troll. So there's been at least one instance of a
female subscriber causing trouble.

                                                 --Kai MacTane
"And I'd join the movement, if there was one I could believe in
  I'd break bread and wine, if there was a church I could receive in
  'Cause I need it now."
                                                 --U2,
                                                  "Acrobat"