[Techtalk] sshd and sshd2

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Wed Oct 20 13:48:20 EST 2004

On Oct 20, 2004, at 2:54 AM, David Sumbler wrote:
> I have sshd installed on my Fedora Core 2 system, but not sshd2.
>
> What is the difference between sshd and sshd2?

My *guess* would be that the sshd2 files are for ssh protocol version
2.   sshd is probably capable of doing both (lots of client programs do
both, anyhow), and it's possible that you'd want different preferences
depending upon the protocol being used.

That said, how old is your FC2 system?  Oftentimes older config files
just get left around, so if you've had the setup a while it's also
possible one of these sets of files just isn't being used any more.

  Terri