[Techtalk] CVS commit issue: "Terminated with fatal signal 10"

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Sat Nov 20 07:56:47 EST 2004

For some reason, when I try to check new files in under the tag "2" in
my cvs repository, it dies giving me an error stating that cvs
"Terminated with fatal signal 10" -- googling for this suggested that I
should change the compression level, but it works just fine if I just
check the file in untagged, then change the tag with another commit
statement.

I don't really mind doing the workaround, but... why it it doing this?
I can't imagine that the compression level changes when I set the
revision of a file as I check it in, so I'm guessing the error message
is something generic?