[Techtalk] access to intranet over ssh?

Sue Stones suzo at spin.net.au
Mon Nov 1 11:07:12 EST 2004

Caroline Johnston wrote:
> I thought it would be possible to get my browser to tunnel requests
> through ssh, but I'm having problems getting it working. I'm using putty
> on WinXP

I am also trying to set up to use Putty to tunnel requests through ssh
to connect to a database.  I asked Caroline some questions specific to
Putty off list (since its not Linux), thanks Cas.  But I have a more
general question.

Part of the problem is I am not communicating directly with the ISP but
through a 3rd person (my first 'user' customer) and I doubt that I have
been given all the information, or the right information.  When I know
the right questions I will have a better chance of getting the right info!

I have been told that the username is "user at domain.com"  which works for
ftp OK.  But when Putty tries to connect its constructs a string that is
"user at domain.com@domain.com"  Now I can't see how this could be parsed
correctly.  Is there some way of indicating that the first "@domain.com"
is part of the username.

sue