[Techtalk] Drive Failures

Magni Onsoien magnio+lc-techtalk at pvv.ntnu.no
Sat May 29 21:24:49 EST 2004

On 2004-05-28 22:08:33 +0100, Conor Daly said:
> On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 08:38:59PM +0200 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
> Magni Onsoien thought:
> >
> > (We also notified a competitor of us, since we happened to know they
> > were putting a huge db system for a big client into production a few
>
> You mean you didn't call their client and say "We'll provide a _much_ more
> reliable system than our competitor can.  Just wait a few weeks and
> see..."  :-)

Hehe :)
No, seriuosly, we called them our best competitor and we never tried to
take eachother's clients. Once one of had won a tender competition or a
contract, the other would get out of the way. Of course we were still
competing, but we'd never try to ruin eachother's business.

And after all, none of us in my company were much of salesmen, so we'd
probably not be able to persuade their client into doing business with
us anyway ;)

(And now my company has winded up and said competitor took our clients,
contracts and a co-worker of me :))

Magni :)
--
sash is very good for you.