[Techtalk] querying RPM for recently installed packages

Conor Daly c.daly at met.ie
Wed May 26 09:47:07 EST 2004

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 03:27:15PM +1000 or thereabouts, John Clarke wrote:

> This script prints all packages installed withing the last n days:
>
>     # set IFS to newline so that the loop variable contains the
>     # package name and date
>     IFS='
>     '

This wouldn't work when I pasted from mutt.  I had to manually insert the
newline in vi after.  This is an artifact of copy/paste rather than the
program.

>         if [ $time -lt $limit ]
                     ^^^

It works for me only if this is '-ge' (we want 'younger than $limit')

Conor
--
Conor Daly,                   Please avoid sending me
Met Eireann, Glasnevin Hill,  Word or PowerPoint attachments.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the addressee. If you have received
this email in error please notify the sender.
This e-mail message has also been scanned for the
presence of computer viruses.