[Techtalk] poll: fave Linux IMAP MUA

Rudy L. Zijlstra rudy at edsons.demon.nl
Sun May 16 11:10:35 EST 2004

Carla Schroder wrote:

>Ok chix0rs, what's your favorite MUA to use for IMAP?
>And perhaps a few words on why you like it?
>
>To get the poll rolling, I'll cast two votes. Suckiest IMAP performance goes
>to KMail. Which admittedly needs some work, and the developers are working on
>it.
>
>Not bad performance goes to Mozilla Mail, which was easy to set up, and
>configured suitably.

Don't really like kmail, although the current version is improving. Suse
seems to default to it, so I look around before configuring mozilla mail
on a system. So yes I prefer to use mozilla mail for my mail accounts.
Has good multi account usage. I have to play around how well it handles
threads.

If i ssh into my system while traveling i'm using pine.

Cheers,

Rudy