[Techtalk] Gender as a weapon? Pen-testing and female auditors

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Mon Mar 15 18:16:24 EST 2004

R. Daneel Olivaw wrote:
[snip]

> Your main question will be : If I succeed, is it because I am efficient
> at my job or because I look pretty ?
> Maybe both, maybe looking pretty is just a bonus, that little plus that
> will set you on top of other's choices.
>
> Anyhow, do what you think is "right".
>
> bye,
>
> R. Daneel Olivaw,
> The Robot Inside

I'm not sure this is the right question to ask, actually.  The whole
idea of social engineering penetration testing is to USE 'looking
pretty' as one of the tools of the job.  Thus in this case using one's
looks and/or sex appeal is a (required?) part of being efficient (&
therefore effective), not an alternative.

Not an easy area to find answers in, at all.

Rachel