[Techtalk] Gender as a weapon? Pen-testing and female auditors

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Tue Mar 16 08:04:47 EST 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004, Raven Alder wrote:
> 	So, I'd like to poll some other geekfemmes. If you have any stories
> 	about being able to get what you wanted in a tech capacity or a
> 	social engineering capacity, and you think being a girl had anything
> 	to do with it (or, conversely, if you're a guy who has used his
> 	sexuality to social engineer), I'd love to hear about it.  Is it
> 	okay to do this sort of thing?  Is it encouraging or setting back
> 	feminism?  (That bit might be more appropriate on one of the chatty
> 	lists.)  But there's a professional paper in this somewhere.

People asnwering this one might also want to keep in mind that the
techtalk archives are public and your responses will therefore be
available to the curious for years to come :)

Move to issues or grrltalk if you want a better chance of staying off
Google (no guarentees -- the lists are sent to hundreds of subscribers
after all!)

-Mary