[Techtalk] Hot swap drive?

John Clarke johnc+linuxchix at kirriwa.net
Wed Jul 28 11:18:56 EST 2004

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 08:20:01AM +0000, Conor Daly wrote:

> So all I have to do is set fs_passno = 0 for my removable drive.  Now, does
> this mean that it will never get checked (not even every 180 days or 32
> mounts whichever comes first)?

Correct, but not because it disables checking completely.  It only
prevents it being checked when "fsck -A" is run, which is usually done
at boot time.

The "every 180 days or 32 mounts" is a check in fsck, not mount, so if
you want it checked, you'll need to run fsck before you mount the
partition.

Cheers,

John
--
Back in the old days, software would grow until it could send and receive
e-mail, but now that even the virusses are doing that, the fashion has