[Techtalk] grub/boot image problems

Marize Pommot-Maia marize at pommot.net
Thu Jul 15 17:08:34 EST 2004

In my case, when I figured out that I had forgotten to mount '/boot', I did
1) make sure '/boot' is not mounted
     # umount /boot
2) check what is left in the "ghost" '/boot' and delete all
3) mount '/boot' and copy images, edit grub, etc.

If you'd rather have '/boot' mounted at boot time, edit '/etc/fstab' and
  delete 'noauto'.  As for being a good policy or not, it's a matter of
taste.

HTH,

				Marize Pommot-Maia
				marize at pommot.net