[Techtalk] Linux graphing program

Kathy Gerber kath at skatha.net
Fri Jul 9 05:46:53 EST 2004

Mary and Dan,

Even if it's more than you asked for, I can't recommend R enough (
http://www.r-project.org/ ).  Certainly larger than gnuplot, it has
proportionate capabilities, and even if you use it only for a super
calculator, it's well worth the trouble.  The basic command for your
function would be
 > curve(6*x^3 -5*x,-5,5)
where -5 to 5 is the domain of the graph.

You can customize the plot, adding colors, lables, etc.etc.

R is also an impressive number cruncher and outperforms many popular
commercial products in this benchmark suite -
http://www.sciviews.org/other/benchmark.htm

Just scratching the surface - but give it a try if you get a chance.

Kathy