Subject: Re: [Techtalk] Editing a PDF file

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Fri Jul 2 13:04:45 EST 2004

On Jul 1, 2004, at 2:56 AM, Dan Shearer wrote:
>> ps2pdf just don't cut it. (ps2pdf caused a pretty nasty loss of
>> quality
>> in all the documents I've tried it on, although I'll admit I've
>> avoided
>> using it for nearly a year now so *maybe* it's improved.)  I fake it
>> all by printing to pdf on my mac, but it'd be handy to be able to make
>> notes in documents the way you can with Acrobat...
>
> PDF generation through a Jade (XML) or TeX toolchain produces
> high-quality results.

*nod* I use LaTeX for most of my pdf work. The only caveat I have to
LaTeX is that it's much nicer when the pdf is generated directly from
the LaTeX document (as opposed to from a dvi or ps).

However, LaTeX doesn't really help with editing, so it's easier to
convert the whole form to graphics, edit accordingly, and print the
graphic to pdf.