[Techtalk] Ecartis: block non-subscribers

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Wed Jan 28 15:47:08 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004, Kathryn Hogg wrote:
> It's probably better to do this through LSG/2 or admin emails though.
>
> If your list is basically announce only (you don't want all the
> subscribers to be able to post), I usually just set NOPOST for each of the
> subscribers.  Or you could make the list moderated and set the official
> posters PREAPPROVE flag.

It's not announce-only, it's just like LinuxChix. All subscribers are
allowed to post (and welcome to), but I want to block all mails from
non-subscribers -- except for a predefined set of 'approved'
non-subscribers (normally alternative addresses of subscribrs).

What's the best way of doing that?

-Mary