[Techtalk] Native Centrino Wireless Network Card Driver?

robin mcadams robin at sdf.lonestar.org
Fri Jan 16 17:26:50 EST 2004

(Jan 13) thus spake Cindy Wong:
> I remember reading about the lack of a linux driver for the built-in
> wifi card on my Centrino laptop a couple of months ago.  Does anyone
> knows the current state of the matter?  I know I can use the Windows
> driver with NDIS Wrapper, but how about a native one?  Either binary or
> source would be nice.

WLAN support under Linux is a bit spotty; neither Intel nor Broadcom WLAN
chipsets are currently supported, though Intel says a Linux driver for the
PRO/Wireless 2100 (that's the one that comes bundled with the Centrino
laptops, I think) is under development. AFAIK, the best way to get it
working reliably is to just use the driver wrapper.

--
Robin | robin @sdf.lonestar.org