solved Re: [Techtalk] changing the name after the @ in your prompt

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Tue Jan 6 12:45:51 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 12:15:28AM -0800, Diggy Bell wrote:
> Not sure which Distro you're running, but for RH8,

I've got Debian.

> you've also got to look
> at /etc/sysconfig/network, and possible your httpd.conf (if you have apache
> running).  There's probably something else, but that's all I can think off
> off the top of my head.

I don't have an /etc/sysconfig/network file, so that one was easy. And
Apache wanted the changes made to /etc/hosts (wouldn't start without
having a valid 127.0.0.1 hostname called "smeagol"). But there was nothing
in the httpd.conf file.

Now I'm testing/unstable smeagol. :) I'm sure I'll tire of it soon enough,
but I was definitely tired of being debian. :)

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]