[Techtalk] Javascript to facilitate reading list via archives

Fred H Olson fholson at cohousing.org
Thu Feb 26 14:53:31 EST 2004

On Feb 18 I replied to a list message -- [Techtalk] List Archives ?
and included a note / question after my signature:

> Fred  who is a "no mail" mode subscriber but intends to browse the
>      archives periodically.  Anyone know a relatively easy way to
>      create html which would appear (rendered) as something like:
>
>      Linuxchix/techtalk   last browsed: 2/18/04    Update browse date.
>      ------------------                            ------------------
>
>      And indeed the second underlined bit is a link that would modify
>      the date on the line?  (The page would reside on my computer.)

I didn't get any takers.  I'll interpret that to mean no one had a
solution handy, so I'll post mine here.  I've been learning a little
JavaScript and came up with a first version of a page that seems to work
more or less as described:

http://www.mtn.org/~fholson/lnxchix.htm

Critique / comments welcome.

Pages I found helpful to learning Javascript (and resources that they
are linked to including the more official ones) :
http://javascript.internet.com/
http://www.utexas.edu/learn/
ttp://www.webreference.com/javascript/961202/part02.html

BTW beware of books with typos in examples like _JAVASCRIPT, AN
INTRODUCTION_ by Brian Cooper www.dk.com   Makes learning frustrating.

Fred

--
Fred H. Olson  Minneapolis,MN 55411        (near north Mpls)
fholson at cohousing.org   612-588-9532 (7am-10pm Cent time)