[Techtalk] New domains and webhosting

Andrea Landaker qirien at icecavern.net
Sun Feb 15 11:58:46 EST 2004

> I am thinking of buying one or two new domains. Does anybody have
> recommendations on a reliable company that preferably would be pro-open
> source?

http://www.gandi.net is what we use - it's about $12/year (12 euros per year,
but anyone who can use a credit card can pay for it).  One of the most
important things is that *you* are the owner of the domain, not them (unlike
some domain companies).  They don't care what OS or software you use, and all
the setup is online (they don't have phone support).  It's not that hard,
though.  They do not do web/email hosting, though.

--
Andrea Landaker
http://www.icecavern.net/~qirien/