[Techtalk] Question re: memory usage

R. Daneel Olivaw linuxchix at r-daneel.com
Wed Feb 11 21:56:58 EST 2004

Hello,

> There's a little graphics thing that shows that almost all the memory
> is being used, but not what's doing it.  Does anyone know of a console
> command similar to df for memory?  Or even graphics, but console would
> be nice.
>
> Thanks for any help on this.

Well, top would be a good start, but I know of a program called "atop"
that gives  much more information. It's a console program that
summarizes CPU, RAM, I/O, NETWORK activity in the "top" stylish display.

It also runs as a service and can log system activity.

bye,

R. Daneel Olivaw,
The Robot Inside.