[Techtalk] Question re: memory usage

housekm at fastmail.fm housekm at fastmail.fm
Wed Feb 11 00:41:19 EST 2004

Hi, all,

I'm having a difficult time telling what is eating all my memory when KDE
is running.  I have a whopping <yeah, right> 94 megabytes of memory
that's almost all used by the webbrowser and KPPD.  I seem to remember
that only about half the amount of memory was being used in an earlier
install.  The current one is RedHat 7.3 (soon to be 9.0).

There's a little graphics thing that shows that almost all the memory is
being used, but not what's doing it.  Does anyone know of a console
command similar to df for memory?  Or even graphics, but console would be
nice.

Thanks for any help on this.

Kathleen