[Techtalk] writing to ntfs? (and bt modem driver?)

Caroline Johnston johnston at biochemistry.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Feb 6 20:01:28 EST 2004

'llo again

Sorry I can't try any of these suggestions. Am stuck at work. Maybe later
tonight but probably tomorrow.

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Yaroslav Fedevych wrote:

> Caroline Johnston wrote:
>
> > I thought it wasn't possible to read a linux partition from XP. Any
> > recommendations for software that'll do it? Guess that might be less
> > likely to break stuff.
>
> There was a thing like ext2 explorer or so, I don't know. But I don't
> know what about ext3.

Had a look at http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/explore2fs.htm
It says that "Writing to EXT3 is not supported". Haven't really had a good
search for alternatives though.

> And, besides, you've told about the modem, haven't you? Hmmm, maybe
> there'll be a thing that will make it tick happily under Linux...
>
> A model, connection (com, usb, pci) would be handy. I've got once a
> thing I doubted I can fire it even under Windows, and have found drivers
> for Linux since. Huh, it was worth googling!

Sorry, confused...are you talking about the modem? What info do you need
other than that it's a bt voyager 100 adsl usb modem? Apparently it has
the same chipset (Globespan Vitara) as other modems which ARE supported by
the flashtux drivers, but (for reasons I don't understand) it doesn't
work. Google turned up nothing else. Don't really know what else to look
for. Apparently someone is in the process of trying to modify the existing
flashtux driver. It's not urgent, it's just a bit of a pain in the arse.

Cxx