[Techtalk] writing to ntfs?

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Thu Feb 5 14:53:47 EST 2004

On Saturday 17 January 2004 7:00 pm, johnston at pat.biochem.ucl.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had to reinstall windows XP and it's now ntfs rather than vfat. I saved
some
> files on my linux partition, but it won't let me write to the windows
partition
> anymore. I'm kinda new at this, can anyone help?!

Unless things have advanced since I last tried this, Linux cannot write to
NTFS. If you need a partition that both Linux and Windows can write to, FAT16
or FAT32 are your best choices.

You can transfer the files by other means, like copying them to a floppy disk
or CDR, or getting really geeky and using Samba. :)

--
Carla Schroder