[Techtalk] None

housekm at fastmail.fm housekm at fastmail.fm
Thu Feb 5 11:32:53 EST 2004

Hello, all,

I've hacked my way through first-time linux installation as far as
getting
wvdial to work from root.  My problem is getting out:  the only way I
know
to make the script quit is control/c.  This works for root, but not for
any
other ID - it leaves ttyS0 locked up & any other user that tries to get
in
gets a "device or resource busy" message.

Can anyone tell me either how to send an interrupt signal (+++ or ATH) to
the modem directly (like the echo ATH >COM1: in window$) so that I can
append it to my dialup script or how to exit wvdial so that the modem is
freed?

Thanks in advance.

Kathleen

--