[Techtalk] mythtv issue

Alain Tesio alain at onesite.org
Sat Dec 18 11:48:04 EST 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 16:34:22 -0600
Christine Bussman <olearyck at parpiped.geek-den.net> wrote:

> If someone could tell me how to put the database permissions back where
> they were (only for one user on localhost) or even suggest a way that I

Look at the tables 'user' and 'db' in the database 'mysql', you can run sql
commands on these tables with a mysql root login.

> I can revert the first change, but I don't know how to fix what I did to
> the database.  I used several commands similar to grant all on
> mythconverg.* to <user>@<various things went here> identified by
> <password here>.

You need such commands to delete the rows related to your database:
delete from 'db' where Db='mythconverg'
(type 'select * from db' first to see what you're going to delete)

Then set the rights you need again with a usual grant command, you need
to run mysqladmin flush-privileges to apply the changes before restarting.

> can restart mythbackend (a daemon in init.d) automatically if it has
> stopped, I would really apreciate it.

I think the clean way is with /etc/inittab to start the daemon at the runlevels
where you want it alive, the option 'respawn' makes sure the daemon restarts
if he dies.

Alain