[Techtalk] Mailing list or what???

Raquel Rice raquel at thericehouse.net
Wed Dec 15 03:07:09 EST 2004

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:51:31 +1100
Sue Stones <suzo at spin.net.au> wrote:

> I am writing a website that will send out individual emails to
> people (along the lines of BirthdayAlarm.com).  I have a ssumed
> that the way to do this is to use a mailing list.  But suddenly I
> am uncertain.  Is a mailing list just for sending the same message
> to lots of people?
>
> If a mailing list is not what I want, what do I want?
>
> sue

A mailing list is what is used for all us to communicate.  It can
also be used to send a message to many people.

If I were doing what you describe, I would store the people whose
birthday was being reminded of and those who got notice of their
birthday reminder.  I would write a script to access that database
to send out the reminders.

--
Raquel