[Techtalk] testing https

overhaul overhaul at littledeath.net
Sat Aug 21 13:19:01 EST 2004

Hello everyone,

I'm new here although I was once a member (on and off) over a span of a
couple years many moons ago.   last time I ever sent or read anything on
linuxchix must have been about 2 years, at the very least.  (I've been
pretty busy getting married and having a baby ;) )

So thanks for having me and I'm looking forward to spending more time on
the lists...

I'm gonna hit the ground running today with a question for ya'll .. I
would really appreciate if anybody knows this and can tell me... doesn't
seem like such a hard question except the solution has been eluding me
all day long.

I need to find out how I can test HTTPS over a telnet session if that's
even possible.  I've scoured the internet, apache.org and deja but it
seems i must be using bad search strings or something..

I have a server running SAP on port 1972 and need to talk to it using
HTTPS for testing/monitoring purposes..

of course, speaking HTTP language isn't working.

[root at someserver]# telnet 0 1978
Trying 0.0.0.0...
Connected to 0.
Escape character is '^]'.