[Volunteers] Re: [Techtalk] Linuxchix using SPEWS?

Andrea Landaker qirien at icecavern.net
Mon Aug 16 06:50:42 EST 2004

> Yes. Most of the time when the lists are So Slow People Complain, it's
> because of processing spam mail.
>
> Anything which shortens the spam-rejecting or spam-dropping time enables
> us to run Linuxchix - without it, we wouldn't be able to. :(

I don't know if you've considered greylisting
(http://projects.puremagic.com/greylisting/whitepaper.html) instead of
blacklisting, but when we implemented it on our mail server, spam dropped
from about 2000/day to 5/day (we only have about 5 users), and we haven't had
any valid mail be undelivered.  It would cause a short post delay for people
who have never posted before, but after the first post there would be no
delay.  May be worth considering.

Thanks for the answers.

--
Andrea Landaker