[Techtalk] mutt config issue: copying instead of moving messages

Devdas Bhagat devdas at dvb.homelinux.org
Sun Aug 15 11:11:26 EST 2004

On 15/08/04 02:16 +0200, Riccarda Cassini wrote:
<snip>
> So, I tag the desired messages, and then type ";s+mboxname" which
<snip>

> mutt apparently assumes I want to move the messages. Thing is, I'd
> rather want to *copy* them, so they remain in the original inbox as
> well. Sure, keeping messages twice is redundant, but I like it that way.
> Any ideas on how to achieve this, without having to undelete them every
> time?  Any magic settings I have to add to my .muttrc?

;C+mboxname

I usually do the ;<char>? to get a mailbox listing, then scrolldown and
save

Hitting ? shows a list of commands.

C           copy-message           copy a message to a file/mailbox
s           save-message           save message/attachment to a file
u           undelete-message       undelete the current entry

Devdas Bhagat