[Techtalk] Hot swap drive?

Meredydd meredydd at everybuddy.com
Mon Aug 2 21:58:25 EST 2004

On Tuesday 27 July 2004 15:26, Conor Daly wrote:
> fsck will still try to check the filesystem
> at boot time if fs_passno > 0.

Just in case you don't know (well, you've read the man page, so I'm
guessing you do, but just in case someone else is reading this):

"fs_passno" is just the name for the final column in /etc/fstab. For
example, in the entry below:

/dev/hdg5        /some/where          ext2    defaults          0   1

...fs_passno is 1. fs_passno is used by fsck to figure out which volumes
to check, and in what order to do them. 0 means don't check, and after
that it works upwards (volumes with 1 get checked before volumes with
2).

And yes, some of that was redundant. Sue me :^)

Meredydd