[Techtalk] Domain name registrars

Becky L. Norum bnorum at coe.neu.edu
Thu Apr 22 13:49:04 EST 2004

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Andrea Landaker wrote:
> I highly reccommend gandi.net.  It's the cheapest place I've found, *you* are
> the one that owns the domain (not them), they are international, and it's
> been easy to change things (like our IP address, contact info, etc).

I also use gandi.net -- I've been fairly happy, but it isn't so great if
your IP address changes (I have dynamic IP and if I restart my cable
modem, I usually get a new address).  So I use afraid.org in order to
manage my DNS, because it generally took gandi.net 24-48 hours to change
DNS mappings.

In the future I may move to a provider that is more efficient about this
and keep it all in one place rather than save the extra bucks.

Regards,

Becky