[Techtalk] security testing

Bud bud at babytux.org
Tue Apr 20 05:30:22 EST 2004

If your interested in doing security testing on a local network then I find
ettercap very useful.

It allows you to test out man in the middle attacks, IP spoofing, injecting
packets to TCP sessions (like executing commands on someone elses telnet
session :), automated password capture, good ol sniffing the network (various
modes like arp based, TCP based etc.)

Check out

http://ettercap.sourceforge.net/

Bud